As the WEATHER CONDITIONS for today, June 22, 2021 have changed and the rain will be around for a longer period of time, Life Skills Classes for locations at DuPont – Girls Golf & Back Creek are CANCELLED for TONIGHT. Please plan on a 2 hour session next week at Back Creek from 5:30-7:30. DuPont – Girls Golf will be extended and further information will be provided.
The Family Fun Clinic at Plantation Lakes in Millsboro, DE. has indoor facilities for us to utilize and is ON AS SCHEDULED.
On Friday May 14th, Delaware’s Governor Office announced that, effective May 21st, Delaware will lift its requirement that Delawareans and visitors must wear face coverings anytime they are indoors with others outside their household. The announcement affirmed Delawareans should follow masking guidance issued by the CDC for all indoor and outdoor activities. It goes on to state, those who are not fully vaccinated, including children not yet eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, should continue to wear masks when around others who are outside their immediate household, according to the CDC guidance.
Given that mask mandates are changing in Delaware on the 21st, the First Tee – Delaware will keep our current mask and social distance protocols in place to finish up our Spring sessions and reassess our policy for the Summer sessions. We thank you for your patience as we stay cautious, and careful with an emphasis on Safety First. Any changes will be posted prior to the start of Summer sessions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
The First Tee – Delaware -Statement on our 2021 Programs
- If there is a doubt that the child is not feeling well before class, she or he should not attend the class. Parents are responsible for making this decision and The First Tee of Delaware will not be responsible for taking temperatures of the child.
- Children will social distance at all times. If the child does not follow social distancing guidelines, she/he will be warned; if they continue not to follow the direction of the Coach they will be asked to leave the class.
- All golf equipment and accessories (i.e. golf balls, tees, clubs) and teaching aids will be sanitized before and after each group class;
- For group classes, we are limiting the number of participants depending on the location. If we have more than the limited number of participants registered, we will consider the option of having a second session depending on the availability of coaches;
- We will have a minimum of 2 coaches at each session and if we have more than expected participants – additional Coaches will join the class;
- Participants should bring their own drinks. Use of shared water foundations is discouraged.
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available for all participants and coaches.
- Coaches and Staff must wear cloth face coverings in accordance with the State of Delaware guidelines.
- Masks are required to be worn by all participants while they are in close groups or indoors as the facility requires.
- Parents are welcome to stay during class and participate when the program is specified. If determined by the coach, and depending on the type of programming, parents and visitors may be asked to be away from the practice area and social distancing from other parents as needed.
Social Distancing Guidelines
As we are eagerly awaiting to get our programming started again, please review these Social Distancing Guidelines with your participants, friends and family members.
At The First Tee of Delaware, we will be implementing all of these Guidelines as it will be necessary to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please know that our Staff, Coaches and Volunteers, are in constant communication, along with the guidance from our Board of Directors and the First Tee National, in planning the appropriate time frame to re-start our programming.
Please check our website often for updates on all of our Events, Alerts and Programming.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE GOLF EQUIPMENT DONATIONS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED.
We certainly appreciate your donations. At this time, we currently do not have the staff in the office to coordinate and properly receive donations.
A NOTICE will be posted when The First Tee of Delaware office is fully staffed.
Thank you for your patience.