ALL LIFE SKILL EXPERIENCE CLASSES ON THE GOLF COURSES FOR TUESDAY AUGUST 4, 2020 WILL BE CANCELLED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER.
The Revised 2020 Summer and Fall New Castle County Life Skills Experience Class Registration is now available. Please go to the Programs page to register.
Kent and Sussex Counties will be ready shortly. Please check back often for updates.
The First Tee of Delaware
Statement on the Opening of our 2020 Programs
- If there is a doubt that the child is not feeling well before class, she or he should not attend the class. Parents are responsible for making this decision and The First Tee of Delaware will not be responsible for taking temperatures of the child.
- Children will social distance at all times. If the child does not follow social distancing guidelines, she/he will be warned; if they continue not to follow the direction of the Coach they will be asked to leave the class.
- All golf equipment and accessories (i.e. golf balls, tees, clubs) and teaching aids will be sanitized before and after each group class;
- For group classes, we are limited to 10 participants for per group. If we have more than 10 participants register we will consider the option of having a second session depending on the availability of coaches;
- We will have a minimum of 2 coaches at each session and if we have 10 participants – a 3rd Coach will join the class;
- Participants should bring their own drinks. Use of share water foundations is discouraged.
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available for all participants and coaches.
- Coaches and Staff must wear cloth face coverings in accordance with the State of Delaware guidelines.
- Masks are required to be worn by all participants while they are at class.
- Parents are welcome to stay during class time but must be away from the practice area and social distancing from other parents.
Social Distancing Guidelines
As we are eagerly awaiting to get our programming started again, please review these Social Distancing Guidelines with your participants, friends and family members.
At The First Tee of Delaware, we will be implementing all of these Guidelines as it will be necessary to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please know that our Staff, Coaches and Volunteers, are in constant communication, along with the guidance from our Board of Directors and the First Tee National, in planning the appropriate time frame to re-start our programming.
Please check our website often for updates on all of our Events, Alerts and Programming.
Update on Life Skills Experience Sessions
Planning our 2020 Life Skills Experience Sessions has been a serious challenge. Rest assure that First Tee of Delaware is doing everything we can to get classes started as soon as it is possible. Listen to our Executive Director, Bob Norris as he navigates you though some of the challenges, we are facing along with some ideas we have when classes can begin. We are certainly applying the Core Value of Honesty in these decisions by the sincerity of our actions and thoughts to keep each and every one safe and healthy.
To Families of our Participants, Volunteers, and Community members,
We want to update you on changes to The First Tee of Delaware’s position in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are facing a rare public health situation that is growing in intensity. Our Staff and Board are monitoring the situation closely at the local, state and global level.
Reinforcing all that we believe, the number one priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our participants, staff and stakeholders. As an organization, we are doing our part to help slow down the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19. Therefore, we have taken the following immediate actions:
- All Spring program classes scheduled to start the week of April 20th are cancelled;
- Our staff is working remotely to limit social interactions. We will be utilizing appropriate technologies to proceed with business going forward.
If you have already registered and paid for your child/children for the Spring Classes, you have a choice to be fully reimbursed or apply your payment to future sessions/classes, as we still hope to hold classes in the Summer and Fall seasons. If you do want to be reimbursed, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office at 302.384.8759. You will receive a reimbursement promptly after we receive your request.
As of now, stay tuned. We are planning to provide opportunities for your children to participate with The First Tee of Delaware “at home” with fun golf educational and play activities. We will be reaching out to you in the next couple of weeks about our “virtual” program. For the latest updates on our summer and fall classes consult the ALERTS page on our website and look at our Facebook page @ The First Tee of Delaware.
These are challenging times as we proceed ahead in uncharted waters. We significantly value your interest, your participation and unwavering support as we collectively invest in our children to be good golfers, outstanding students, and responsible citizens in our communities.
All the best. Be healthy. Be safe.
Bob Norris, Executive Director: email@example.com
Charma Bell, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie McGuigan, Interim Business Manager: email@example.com
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE GOLF EQUIPMENT DONATIONS
ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED.
We certainly appreciate your donations. At this time, we currently do not have the staff in the office to coordinate and properly receive donations.
A NOTICE will be posted when The First Tee of Delaware office is fully staffed.
Thank you for your patience.
The First Tee of Delaware statement regarding Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
The First Tee of Delaware’s top priority is the health and safety of our participants and their parents, employees and volunteers. Working with the First Tee National Organization, we have been reviewing all available information related to the continued spread of the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19.
After considering the relevant positions from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), there are no planned suspensions of business activity at this time. We are following announcements from local, and State of Delaware Departments of Health to understand local risks and plans to help prevent the spread of this illness and keep our staff, coaches, volunteers and participants safe. We are also monitoring guidelines and any changes from The First Tee, as well as from the CDC, the WHO, and other U.S. Departments as events evolve.
We, at The First Tee of Delaware, will identify and follow applicable guidelines and hygiene precautions as necessary. In the event that circumstances change, requiring us to make adjustments to our program activities and how we operate, we will do so and immediately communicate with our stakeholders. We will continue to actively monitor reports and will make any updates as necessary. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The First Tee of Delaware Board and Staff