In addition to our programs for kids and teens, ages 4-18, First Tee – Delaware holds special events to provide our community ways to learn about us and to become actively involved.
2020 Annual Appeal
We hope this message finds you safe and healthy!
As we celebrate our 25th Anniversary in 2020, we can certainly say that it has been a year like no other. Through it all, First Tee – Delaware has survived, persevered and continued our mission.
Starting out as the Urban Youth Golf Program Association in 1995, First Tee – Delaware has evolved into an organization that is Building Game Changers. Utilizing Experiences as our greatest teacher. We believe in developing the ones that are just as fun as they are meaningful, where kids feel excited to grow, safe to fail, and better equipped for whatever comes their way next. With proven results, we aim to help kids become better versions of themselves while enriching the communities around us. We have come a long way over the years:
- Serving approximately 200,000 children over our first 25 years, and a goal to serve 300,000 by 2025.
- Starting in Wilmington, we now serve the entire State of Delaware and surrounding Maryland counties.
- We work to create a space of belonging for every participant – no matter what walk of life – offering programs for children and teens up to age 18. We help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it, and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
- We currently partner with 46 elementary/middle schools working with Physical Education (PE) teachers integrating First Tee Life Skills into their PE curriculum. Our goal is to expand to 60 schools by 2025.
- Starting at DuPont Country Club, we have grown our partnership with 14 golf clubs/courses in each of the three counties in the State of Delaware.
Here are a few ways you can help us to continue to empower the kids and teens in our communities.
- Be a TEAM Donor (Teach, Engage, Actively Mentor) – Your contribution of $125 will introduce the game of golf to a child on the golf course.
- Learn & Play Scholarship – A $250 donation will sponsor a child for a season (20 classes) of our Life Skills Experience Sessions.
- First Tee School Program – An investment of $2,500 will provide the training, equipment, and lesson plans that integrate life skills and values with the game of golf and motor skills. We have an online community for teachers and youth leaders delivering our program, providing access to the curriculum, resources, and connections with peers delivering the program around the country.
Any amount large or small will go a long way to support our programs and the communities we serve. We never turn away a child due to inability to pay and we will be able continue this with your support for many years to come!
We will be following up over the next few weeks with more information about our history, our outstanding alumni, and our current participants who are showing great promise to become Game Changers!
Or you can mail a check payable to First Tee – Delaware to P.O. Box 419, Rockland DE 19732
THANK YOU for your generous contributions and consideration for our 2020 Annual Appeal. With Gratitude, The staff; Bob, Charma, Leslie and our Board of Directors
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS EVENT – IT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! PLEASE KEEP A WATCH ON THIS WEBSITE FOR FINAL RESULTS FROM GOLFERS AND COURSES.
WE WILL KEEP THE SITE OPEN FOR A FEW MORE WEEKS SO THAT EVERYONE CAN GET IN THIER FINAL PLEDGES AND DONATIONS.
First Tee – Delaware (FTDE) HELD its 1st Annual Golf Marathon “Tournament” during the Months of September and October 2020. Golf Courses as well as all Golfers in the Delmarva Peninsula were competing! Winners for both the Courses and Golfers will be determined by who plays the most holes; and, who raises the most money.
From your computer click – http://tftdemarathon.givesmart.com/ or text from your mobile – TFTDEMarathon to 76278 and complete the requested information. It is very easy to register!
When making PLEDGES, please be sure to (1) ANSWER THE QUESTION ASKED –
Which Golfer or Course/Club are you pledging for? Your Answer should include the name of the GOLFER or Course/Club participating in the Marathon.
Additional option for pledges can be made by a check payable to First Tee of Delaware and collected by the Golfer or the Course and then given to a member of our SoDel Golf Committee or mailed directly to our office.
FOR PARTICIPATING GOLFERS: Keep track of the total holes you play, date(s) you played and who has pledged for you (name & contact information).
For more information, please reach out to any of our staff members. We are here to help.
Bob Norris, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charma Bell, Program Director: email@example.com
Leslie McGuigan, Interim Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Distancing Guidelines
As we are eagerly awaiting to get our programming started the week of July 27th, please review these Social Distancing Guidelines with your participants, friends and family members.
At The First Tee of Delaware, we will be implementing all of these Guidelines as it will be necessary to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please know that our Staff, Coaches and Volunteers, are in constant communication, along with the guidance from our Board of Directors and the First Tee National, in planning the appropriate time frame to re-start our programming.
Please check our website often for updates on all of our Events, Alerts and Programming.