PLEASE CLICK ON OUR ALERTS PAGE TO READ DETAILED INFORMATION ON First Tee – Delaware: Position Statement for Summer II Sessions (REVISED) – Social Distancing & Wearing Masks – Effective Immediately: 7/26/2021
Life Skills Program on the Golf Courses
Through our Life Skills Program at First Tee – Delaware, we strive to strengthen character. Kids and Teens, both boys & girls, will learn skills that stay with them the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program – Participants progress through levels by demonstrating inner strength, character, and the life and golf skills they have learned. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level.
- Target (ages 4 and older) – An introduction to the First Tee Life Skills Experience
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7 – but ALL first-time participants joining the program will start at the PLAYer level) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and home in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community
The Pinnacle of First Tee – Ace certification is the highest level a participant can achieve. After completing the four levels of certification, PLAYer, Par, Birdie, and Eagle, participants have the option of working towards this final step in the program.
Ace focuses on personal planning and will reinforce skills such as self-management, goal setting, self-coaching, interpersonal communication, and resilience that were applied in earlier levels of the program. Using these skills, participants will become Ace-certified by completing four projects that will help them build a foundation in higher education and for a career.
Projects Completed by Ace Participants:
- Community Service: Participants learn the value of giving back by volunteering for activities at First Tee – Delaware or in the community.
- Career: Participants explore their interests and skills, matching them with career possibilities.
- College or Continuing Education: Participants explore issues related to college selection, trade schools and educational alternatives.
- Golf: Participants examine their golf skills, create an improvement plan, and assess the role they want golf to play in their live.
WE HAVE EXPANDED OUR LIFE SKILLS PROGRAM TO INCLUDE COURSES THROUGHOUT NEW CASTLE COUNTY, KENT & SUSSEX COUNTIES.
LOCATIONS INCLUDE: ROCK MANOR, ED “PORKY” OLIVER’S, DUPONT, FROG HOLLOW, BACK CREEK, ST. ANNE’S, DAFB/EAGLE CREEK, GARRISONS LAKE, BEAR TRAP DUNES, MULLIGAN’S POINTE, PLANTATION LAKES & HOOPER’S LANDING